Friday, June 19, 2009

Akropolis!!!

Ahh... Greece has been amazing so far! This morning was a little rough. I woke up at 5:30 am to my sister typing on the computer... and then I could not fall back asleep! So I woke up and just played around on the computer. Talked to a few people from home...sent some people messages and what not! The usual! haha! Then I got ready to go to Akropolis!

We ate breakfeast at the hotel and I gotta say it is probably one of the best breakfeasts I have ever had! Then we started the hike to Akropolis. It was about 30 mins away from our hotel and we made a pit stop at one of the first Olympic Stadiums. It was cool to see all the marble that they used, and though it was hot outside, the marble was very cool. Then we continued on to Akropolis. When we got there I had to pee really bad, and when we went into the "water closet" it was .50 euros to use! I thought that was crazy to have to pay to use the restroom!

The Akropolis was very sweet! It was a long hike up, but the history behind it and actually seeing all the ruins was amazing! The part that amazed me the most is that Paul stood on one of the hills and preached to the church. It was so neat to see the history. And the marble on top is so pretty. I would love to take is all home with me!

After that we ate lunch at this really good restaurant, I cant say the name! haha! But I had a chicken gyro and it was probably the most amazing thing I have eaten! We walked back to the hotel and I am just chilling in the room right now. Im pretty tired... I may try and catch a nap! Had a long day! Tomorrow we are waking up at 5 am to catch a boat to Santorini Island. I will be there until Sunday, and I dont know if I have free WiFi! I know that Italy does, so I may not be back on here till then. But till then, PEACE OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment