Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ciao Roma!

Today was an interesting day! We woke up at the crack of dawn to get ready and head to the Vatican. Got there and they were holding mass, so the church was not going to be opening till 1 pm. So we headed to the Vatican museum and looked over there for awhile. It was pretty sweet to see the artwork and we saw the Sistine Chapel! That was cool! I got some photos and video footage in there, even though I was not supposed to! Haha! Then we headed back over towards the church and saw the Pope. He was talking, but it was in Italian, so I have no idea what he said. We sat there for about an hour and a half while he talked to people and they kissed his ring! Then we went into Saint Peter's Basillica. That thing was HUGE! I could not believe how big it was!

Then we got on a train and headed to Florence. We arrived at about 6 pm, and now I am just chilling in the hotel room. My parents and brother went to dinner, but me and my sister stayed back and are just relaxing. Tomorrow should be a fun day. We are doing a Vespa (Scooter) tour! So that will be really exciting. OH... and today I have been gone for a week, and I only have one week left! Woo Hoo! I think this last week is gonna fly by... although I know next wednesday is going to feel like forever! Having a good time, but cant wait to get home! Love and miss you all! <><

No comments:

Post a Comment