Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rough...

WOW... what a day today has been! I dont want to seem like Im complaining, but Im just going to share some things that have been on my heart the past couple of days. First, I'll start off with what I did. I had to wake up at 5 am to go with the fam and get on a boat to come to Santorini Island. The water is so blue here and the ride was beautiful! The only problem was it was 7 hours!! So kinda long... haha! Well we got here and then took a half an hour bus ride to our hotel. Our hotel was not what we had originally planned on staying at, so of course my mom began to complain. So she and my dad went on a walk and I went and got on the net...

When I got on, I had a message from my best friend, and it made me so excited. As I read the message, I couldnt help but cry. She was telling about things that had been going on and just how she missed me... and it made me think... I know why things with my parents dont usually go so well... Because they complain and find the negative in the situations and Im not that kind of person, or at least I try not to be. I try and have fun with whatever I am doing and just be bubbly and positive. So I have realized that on this trip, my family's negativity is making me negative and the enemy is using that. I want to have fun on this trip... I mean it's two weeks away from work and I not having to worry about anything, but I am finding myself worrying more about other little things than ever before. So I have decided that from this point on, the enemy can bring me down NO LONGER on this trip. He has tried and tried... and I have let him get to me a couple times, but NO MORE! I mean he even used my parents and the whole Bible College thing. That was the worst one... I feel like they dont even think I am going to a school... but I know that this is my calling and I am not going to let that bring me down!

So now that I feel like I got that off... I just miss home! I miss being able to goof off and have fun and not worrying about my mom shsshing me! My sister and I joked and said that when it comes to vacation... fun is not allowed (or at least that's what it seems like). I know that this trip is going to be fun and I am so thankful that I am getting to experience this... but that's not to say that I am not ready to get back home!

So... I am on Santorini Island right now... that's the island where the movie the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was set on! It's really pretty here, but we are only here until tomorrow at 3:30 pm... literally on here for 24 hours! Very short trip. But the houses and what not are so pretty! It almost looks unreal sometimes! It's 7 pm here right now... and we are about to head out and do some shopping and eat some dinner. Im going to try and get some good pictures and all that while we are out and upload them tonight! Hopefully I will be able to get on tomorrow before we leave and blog on last time... then I wont be able to get on till we get to Italy on Monday! I'll make it haha! Well Love and Miss everyone back home! <><

No comments:

Post a Comment