Today was a busy day... but I seem to say that every day! haha! We woke up kinda early and ate breakfest at the hotel. It wasnt as good as the one in Greece, but they do have excellent tea! The we started on our trek to see all the things in Rome. We started at the Palentino, which is where all the Caesars' lived. It was pretty neat to see all the ruins and think that over 2000 years ago people were building these structures and walking around the streets. Crazy! Then we headed over to the Colosseum. That was a cool experience. You could see where they held all the slaves and animals before gladiator tournaments and where everyone would sit. Also crazy to think that thousands of years ago they were watching people fight to the death as a sport. On the outside of the Colosseum there were men dressed up like Gladiators trying to get people to take pics with them and give them money... kinda silly if you ask me! Then I saw some horses! Oh I was so excited... I walked up and seriously stood there for 5 mins and just pet the horse... it was awesome! haha!
The next part was probably the coolest. We walked to a church and beneath the church is an old prison were Paul and Peter were thrown for a couple years. It was crazy to be standing in the room where Paul and Peter were... all I can say is that it was an unbelievable experience and I got major goose bumps. Incredible. We then came back to the room and took a nap. Then we went to this really good restaurant where are waitor was from Mass. and his name was Neal! He said he got tired of living in the US and did some traveling and that is where he landed. It was pretty neat! Then we hit up the Spanish steps. Im still trying to figure out what the significance to them was. I mean I know that they lead to the Spanish Embassy, but why do they have special steps? haha!
Tomorrow we are going to the Vatican and then getting on a train to Florence. I dont know if I will have access to the internet there, but I will try to write soon! Love and miss you all back home! 1 WEEK!!! WOO HOO!!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment