Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Hills are alive...

Im Almost home!! Yesterday we got to kinda sleep in (9 am-since the free breakfest stopped at 10!) and we took a train to Venice. The original plan was to go to Vencie at 4:30 and catch the over night train to Austria... but since we had no plans for yesterday we decided to go earlier and see Venice as well! I must say I am very glad that we did that! Venice was so pretty... It is the town that is like a bunch of little islands. Instead of cars, everyone has boats! We took the gondola (my sister and I call them the romantic boats!) ride... The man that was paddling us was named Mario and he gave us a lot of history of the town. It was fun. We walked around some more and it became more clear that Venice definately had VERY good retail therapy (Shopping!!). Too bad I dont have ANY money! We ate some dinner and had some gelato, and then my sister and I found the fake purse seller! Those are always fun. He started showing us his bags and my sister found one that she really liked. I saw some that I liked, but I couldnt see me using them. So he gave us a special price of 2 for 100 euros, and my mom handed him the money before I had made my final decision. Then I couldnt find a bag that I loved that I was willing to spend the money for, but we had already given him the money, so I had to take one, because he could have ran off with the money and only my sister would have had a bag. So i just took one, but I wasnt very happy about it.

Well then, we headed back to the train station, and my parents decided to walk some more, while my siblings and I sat down! Well my mom came back and said there were four purse sellers over there and I could go try and trade with them if I wanted to! So my sis and I walk down there and the first guy we come to is the guy I bought the bag from. I see him and immediately go up to him and try and get this other bag that I wanted, but he wouldnt trade... so I keep walking and I see this other guy and he has this AWESOME purple bag that I want... So I walk to him and ask if I can do the trade. He told me I would have to give him 20 more Euros. So I start walking away, because I have no money. He yells after me and says ok, ok 15 euros... but I dont have that much either! So I walk back to him, show him my wallet and that I only have 5 Euros in there. He tells me no... So I walk away. He yells again and quotes the 15 euro price and from about 50 feet away I yell back that I only have 5 euros!! So then he yells ok... come here. And he said that he would do it! Oh I was so happy that he decided to trade me bags and only for 5 euros! It was awesome and I love my new purse! It's so me! Haha!

Then we boarded the over night train. Now that was an experience. So we get into our night cabin and I feel like I am in the navy. There are two sets of bunks in there that are 3 high. and the walkway is about 1.5 feet wide and 4 feet long... basically NO ROOM!! haha! So we make our beds, and head off. I tried to sleep as much as possible, but the driver of the train was not very good at breaking softly so everytime we stopped I woke up. And there were a couple times where I thought the train was going to de-rail, so I was a little freaked out!! We arrived in Salzburg, Austria at 5 am and headed to the hotel for a little nap. I was so happy because when we got in I was able to call my best friend. She didnt even recognize my voice... it was funny, and I was so happy to talk to her, even though it was only for 5 mins! haha! But it was worth it. Woke up at 7:45 am had breakfest and then went on our Sound of Music Tour. For those of you that dont know, most of the sound of music was filmed in Austria and is about an Austrian family! It was pretty cool... a little cheezey at times, but still fun! Then we came back to the hotel room to relax and just chill out. So far, Austria has been really beautiful. My camera died so I wont have many pics of it, but it is really pretty!!

OMG... only 4 more days till I am home! I have loved my Europe experience, but I am so ready to be home! Tomorrow we are going to some Salt cave things and they have huge natural slides in them... then we head to Germany tomorrow night. Monday we are going to the BMW factory and Tuesday we are headed to Heidelberg, where my dad was born. Then we leave Wednesday morning and I am back in the states by 3 pm! Oh I cannot wait. Love and miss everyone back home. Not too much longer!! Peace
<><

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney, hope you made it home safely. Glad to hear you had such a great trip. How did the last 4 days go with Germany and the rest of Austria? Hope everyone had a good time. Tell everyone I say hi!

    ReplyDelete