So I have arrived in Greece! It was quite the long flight over here, and it was not very comfortable! lol! We sat right infront of the airplane restrooms which meant our seats only reclined about 2 inches! I took some medicine to try and help me sleep, but it didnt really work! I slept about 4 hours or so over the 10 hour flight span! I was a little sad when I was on the plane and saw that it was 8 pm. It made me miss all my friends at home and miss church! I so wish that I could have somehow watched Soul Central...
So Greece is pretty amazing! The weather is absolutely perfect! It's warm, but there is no humidity like in Virginia. Quite nice to walk around in! When we got in today it was about 10:30 am in Greece. Which meant that we had been traveling for almost 24 hours. So with the lack of sleep and long traveling weighed upon me, when we got to the hotel I crashed! Slept till about 4:30 pm to make up for the time change and all that, then woke up and the fam and I went out into the city. First thing we tried to do is find free WiFi. It's kinda expensive here at the hotel, so we went looking for something free, but could not find anything. So while in Greece, this may be the only update I have time for. We paid 23 euros for one day. In Italy we evidently have free WiFi at the hotels! So that will be nice!
The city of Athens is BIG! There are buildings everywhere. Some are apartments, offices, houses. Some have shops on the first floor, but then apartments above it. I would compare it to New York City, just the buildings are not as tall and they have a little more space between them. In walking around the city we were trying to find a place to eat. We ended up going to TGI Fridays! I joked and said even when we leave America, we cant get away from it! We then came back to the hotel and watched the sunset by the Acropolis. It was so pretty and cool to see the ruins all lit up at night! Then we just had family movie night in the room. Now it's off to bed. Have an early day of sight seeing tomorrow! It's gonna be awesome! Still miss my friends back home, but I will be back in no time! Just trying to soak in this once-in-a-lifetime experience! OH... forgot to tell a cool story! So on the way back from dinner we saw these 4 dogs! They were walking on the street. Well, we get to an intersection (and its a pretty big one, and people seem to drive very fast!) and these dogs just stop. They are all standing there, just waiting. Well traffic had cleared but all the dogs just stood there. The, when the light for people to cross turned green, all the dogs crossed! There were no people standing at this intersection for the dogs to follow! They must have been watching the light! I thought it was funny! Anywho... time to get some sleep! It's midnight here... weird to think that I am in Friday while all my friends are in Thursday!
Peace Out <><
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment